Monday, February 18, 2008

You know how I know you're ...

You know how I know I need a full time job?

Because my over/ under for hours watching ESPN Classic per day is approaching two. That's a lot of hours spent watching games that have already happened, many of which I have already seen.
I bring this up because I watched the 1998 All-Star game the other day and it got me so energized, I couldn't stop talking about it all day.

The Lakers had four all stars. I mean how many times do teams have four all stars these days? There are no more Celtics teams from the 60s and 70s.

The Lakers had Kobe, Eddie Jones, Nick Van Exel, and Shaq.
Kobe was 19 years old had a sequence when he was guarding Michael Jordan and just went at him defensively, forcing Jordan to bobble the ball.
Kobe also did a fake around the back pass and shot a hook shot over Dikembe. It was No. 1 on the top 10 plays of the 98 all star game. He had several other plays in the top 10 also.

All Star Statement: Isiah Thomas talking about Vin Baker during that game (this actually happened)

"You gotta admire what Vin Baker has done to his body. He was a guy when he first came into the league was a very skinny kid. He spent a lot of time working out in the summer and has gotten his body to where he can go down and perform in the low post."

What Isiah meant to say was that Baker's time spent in the summer involved mostly boozing and that's why his body was bigger.

Why do they play the Canadian National Anthem?

greenmachineAZ (5:38:19 PM): and why canada? Place is so useless
greenmachineAZ (5:38:31 PM): why not China's, Germany's, and who else is there?
romoballa (5:43:38 PM): cuz of the raptors and memphis (formerly vancouver grizzlies)

jtballer11 (5:39:10 PM): the canadian national anthem my favorite part of the night

Do you think Canadians would get heated if we stopped playing their anthem? Would they started attacking Americans with their skates? Just wondering.

Do they play our national anthem at their sports events. Can someone figure this out?

Pure comedy:

Brett Myers gets Kyke Kendrick to think he's been traded to a Japanese team

No comments: