Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Wednesday State of the Sports Union

Trent Johnson is leaving Stanford for LSU. Anyone is better than Johnson who only helped his team by getting kicked out of a game in the NCAA Tournament, but wouldn't it be interesting if Mike Montgomery returned to Palo Alto. Yes, I know he just took the job at arch rival Cal but I wouldn't put it past any coach to sign a contract and then resign to take a more desirable job just days later. We've had a lot of quick signing, quick regretting coaches lately.

Billy Donovan (Orlando Magic back to Florida) and Rick Majerus (signed at USC before resigning) among others.

Fan Behavior: I couldn't agree more with Chase Utley's statement on Mike and Mike in the Morning Wednesday.

"If a guy's not playing hard or a guy's not hustling, that's when you should maybe let him know how you feel, but if you're playing hard and you're just struggling, the more positive support the better," Utley said.

From my boy Channing Frye's blog, which is really sick. Channing is a funny ass guy:

A lot of people ask me, “What is it like being tall?”

Well I’m gonna give you a simple breakdown of the pros and cons of being tall:

Pros

  • It’s ok for me to ask for the exit row at the airplane
  • I can hide things in places that no one will ever find
  • It doesn’t hurt when playing basketball, volleyball, or tetherball
  • I get called cool nicknames like Stretch, Big Guy, Big Fella, Tall Drink of Water, and Humungo
  • I don’t have to be picky about a girl’s height because none of them are taller than me
  • I get the biggest short size all the time because I have the longest legs
  • I get automatic shotgun at all times
  • When I order a lot more food than what I can eat they always give me a quick look then say “I guess you need to eat; you’re such a big boy.”

Cons

  • Growing up I could never get any of the cool shoes in my size
  • No matter what I wear, unless it’s a basketball jersey, I feel like it’s just not made for people my size (I personally just make it look good)
  • Even though small cars are cool I can’t fit comfortably in any of them. I try and save the earth by conserving gas but I can’t fit in a Subaru or Honda, so I ride in a realy simple Tahoe. I try to do my part.
  • No matter what seat I have on an airplane, unless it’s the team plane, NOTHING is comfortable — absolutely nothing. It’s a mental battle the whole trip trying to keep my knees from the people in front of me smashing them with their seats. I mean, seriously, do you not see the 7-ft man behind you? Do you think it’s cool to slam your chair back on our 330-hr flight?

Other than that, I mean, there really aren’t any other cons. Being tall is great. I love it and wouldn’t change it in the world.

Andruw Watch:

The Dodgers stud centerfielder came off the bench Wednesday. That's right, he wasn't even in the starting lineup.

He went 1-2 with a strikeout.

Season totals: 5-31 10ks, BA: .129


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh i got that

Anonymous said...

shout out to chim

Anonymous said...

kiss me boumchey

Anonymous said...

i heard that

Anonymous said...

i heard that

Anonymous said...

you wanna kick it with jim?

Anonymous said...

oh and 1

Anonymous said...

i heard that