Friday, October 26, 2007

Marathon Training Delay

I don't always make the smartest decisions. I wasn't trying to act like a badass. It's just that I thought the pain on the insole of my foot would subside. So I ran six miles. BAD idea.
I knew I was pretty much fucked when I got out of bed and stepped on the floor. I didn't scream but on the inside I was yelling like a little girl.
So I hobbled around for the day, even went to the gym and did biceps and back. I hobbled to the bar as well, thinking it would be better today. But it's not. It's actually worse to the point where I have no real desire to get up from my computer and do anything except work my way over to the couch. That's actually harder than it seems.

I'm not exactly sure what injury I have but from watching a lot of NBA games, I'm gonna go with plantar fasciitis. Nowhere but in the NBA do you ever hear that term, but as far as injuries go it's by far the coolest sounding one. A lot better than turf toe.
So I told Evan I thought I had plantar fasciitis and here's what transpired:

evan411web: i always thought plantar facilitis was made up
romoballa: me too
evan411web: you should call up gary vitti
romoballa: lol
romoballa: best trainer in the biz

That's right. Gary Vitti baby. Without him, the Lakers would have no chance. I know that if Garry Vitti was my marathon trainer, I'd be back out on the road in no time. In the meantime, I think I'm out for at least 3-5 days.

So don't start me on your marathon training fantasy team for this week.

No comments: